chromium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hard brittle multivalent metallic element; resistant to corrosion and tarnishing
- Number of people potentially affected: 2,600,000 Type of pollutant: Hexavalent chromium and other metals Source of pollution: Chromite mines and processing If you .
- Columbia's Professor Colin Garfield Fink, who gave Industry a chromium-plated shield against rust, last week took out a patent for a tungsten-plated shield.
- The difference, he says, "is that ingested chromium-6 encounters hydrochloric acid in the stomach's gastric juices, and is converted to chromium-3, which is innocuous.
News & Articles
- Everglades Mystery Jewel Update: Analysis and Cultural Context Offered by Walker Metalsmiths on Gold Cross Pendant ...
High karat gold has titanium, chromium and iron contamination. The symbolic message of the cross is a French play on words; "Crois/croix en moi" for "believe in me." (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10820206.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- US Drug Watchdog Now Urges DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients To Call Them About A Vital Blood Test Designed To ...
The US Drug Watchdog says, "To insure no DePuy Pinnacle hip implant recipient gets left on the curb, holding the bag for a problem they did not create, we are urging all recipients of this specific all metal hip implant device to get a very specific blood test, that has been designed to measure cobalt, and chromium levels in a recipients blood stream." For more information please call the US ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- US Drug Watchdog Now Urges DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Recipients To Call Them For Name Of A Specific Blood Test They ...
The US Drug Watchdog says, "We are urging recipients of a DePuy Pinnacle metal on metal hip implant to get a very specific blood test, that is focused on cobalt, and chromium levels in the blood, because we think this is the best way to see if the device has failed, or started to fail." For more information DePuy Pinnacle hip implant recipients are strongly encouraged to call the US Drug ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Erin Brockovich in Reuters India
I am relieved and pleased and sorry because there are a lot of people who have ingested chromium 6,said Brockovich, who still works in Los Angeles as a legal consultant on environmental issues.
- Pat Brown in Legal News Line
Dust, which contained elevated levels of cancer-causing hexavalent chromium,Brown said, "escaped into the air in violation of state law. California is suing the company to get them to stop their practices, which cause chromium exposure."
- Randy Wolf in Los Angeles Daily News
It's always kind of nervewracking when you have the first MRI on your shoulder, because you don't know what they're going to find,Wolf said. "It's definitely good news. Everything looked good except for some inflammation of the chromium....