chromatin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the readily stainable substance of a cell nucleus consisting of DNA and RNA and various proteins; during mitotic division it condenses into chromosomes
- Harvey reasoned that since female-producing sperm seems to contain slightly more chromatin (chromosome material), it must be slightly heavier.
- He found the nuclei of the brain cells broken into bits, with chromatin scattered throughout the cell body.
- The cells were then examined for the presence of sex chromatin, a substance found only in female cells.
News & Articles
- Chromatin Inc. to Partner with the Sorghum Checkoff to Accelerate Grain Sorghum Development
Chromatin, Inc., a leading developer of sorghum seeds for agriculture and renewable energy, and the Sorghum Checkoff, a producer-funded organization dedicated to improving the sorghum industry, announced today they have entered into a multi-year agreement to develop new higher yielding and more advanced grain sorghum hybrids for farmers.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance