- n a highly vascular membrane in the eye between the retina and the sclera; a dark pigmentation minimizes the scattering of light inside the eye
- The inflamed, swollen retina and choroid close up like inflated inner and outer tubes and eventually heal tightly together.
- Function of the choroid plexus is to generate the fluid which bathes the outside of the brain and spinal cord.
- Practically all efforts to attack paresis hitherto have been frustrated because antisyphilitic drugs, usually mercury or arsenic compounds, cannot pass through the choroid plexus .
News & Articles
- Gene therapy treats blindness
For patients with choroideremia – a rare form of progressive blindness – there are no current treatment options that can help stop their visual degeneration. But now a new innovative procedure may be the key.
Jan. 16, 2014 - Fox News