- n the music of Chopin
- n United States writer who described Creole life in Louisiana (1851-1904)
- n French composer (born in Poland) and pianist of the romantic school (1810-1849)
News & Articles
- Braque exhibition at D.C.'s Phillips highlights painter worth digging into
WASHINGTON — Clearly visible within the neat borders on a piece of paper is the word "etude," French for study, in a detail from Georges Braque's ebullient 1929 painting, "The Round Table." Very likely, given Braque's interest in music and the bourgeois domesticity he cultivated, the etude in question is a piano work by Chopin, or perhaps Liszt or Debussy. But a guitar is also clearly visible on ...
June 10, 2013 - The Troy Record
- Viviane Reding in International Herald Tribune
If you put Chopin into Google you get several hundred thousands of examples - in chaos,Reding said. "You don't know what is right and what is wrong."
- Michael Rother in Hollywood Industry
Everything I learnt from Hendrix and Clapton was out,said Michael Rother, guitarist of Duesseldorf duo Neu!, whose Motorik beats became a hallmark of the period. "Blues was forbidden. That wasn't me. Mozart and Chopin: that was European...
- Georg Ganswein in Canada.com
The Pope has brought along sheet music of various composers: Mozart, Chopin, Schubert and others,Ganswein told Il Giornale. "It's not a pontifical secret that the Pope has a predilection for Mozart."