choline : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a B-complex vitamin that is a constituent of lecithin; essential in the metabolism of fat
- He then mixed small amounts of diluted choline, a ptomaine, with the rabbits' carrots.
- The vital chemicals: 1) ascorbic acid (vitamin C); 2) choline, a nitrogen compound, a constituent of nerve tissue; 3) cystine, a sulfur-containing compound found in hair and .
- A new long-lasting insulin compound (forbiddingly named ammono-choline-citrate-insulin-hemochromogen) has been developed for diabetics.
News & Articles
- Vitamin B: Choline intake improves memory and attention-holding capacity, experts say
An experimental study in rats has shown that consuming choline, a vitamin B group nutrient found in foodstuffs like eggs and chicken or beef liver, soy and wheat germ, helps improve long-term memory and attention-holding capacity. The study has revealed that choline is directly involved in attention and memory processes and helps modulate them.
July 11, 2013 - Science Daily