chloropicrin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a heavy colorless insoluble liquid compound that causes tears and vomiting; used as a pesticide and as tear gas
- Piper sat up all night reading chemistry books and announced the next day that the anesthetist was probably using chloropicrin, a heavy, colorless liquid made by chlorinating .
- Carbon tetrachloride, ethylene dichloride and chloropicrin are withheld from insecticide manufacturers for the benefit of war materials.
- When the Russians accused Finland of using chloropicrin (vomiting) gas, Premier Ryti sagely warned his countrymen to ready their gasmasks.
News & Articles
- Pesticide use debated by growers, workers
The California Department of Pesticide Regulation wants to increase regulations on the use of the pesticide chloropicrin, commonly used as a fumigant in strawberry production.
June 11, 2013 - The Adobe Press