chitter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make high-pitched sounds, as of birds
- Many of its streets are potholed; rats chitter behind the wainscoting of its finest restaurants; street urchins peddle everything from lottery tickets to fragrant sampaguita .
- Maybe her kind of chitter-chatter goes good on Park Avenue but not in Seattle, Washington.
- Added Joan brightly: "There is too much chitter-chatter about age these days.
- Patrick Crayton in Dallas Morning News
It's starting to be that way because there's not as much chitter chatter between us and the Redskins and the Eagles,Crayton said. "There's respect there. We kind of don't respect the Giants. We respect them for what they do on the field,...
- Katie Douglas in Seattle Times
There's a lot of chitter chatter about this team's future,Douglas said. "We can only control the wins and losses. The expectations and everything people have for us and we have for ourselves - to lay two eggs was unacceptable. So, we're...