chintz : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a brightly printed and glazed cotton fabric
- Thain reportedly spent a million big ones buying chintz and fancy commodes.
- We met in his chintz-laden Green Zone office on the day of the al-Jihad murders.
- Rugs, chintz curtains and pastel-tinted walls give a cozy atmosphere.
News & Articles
- LOG IN TO COMMENT
Fancy That in Walpole isn’t your grandmother’s tea room, though she would probably enjoy it. There are the classic touches: china everywhere in patterns of gold or blue-and-white chintz, lace decorating the windows, a lovely urn and pitcher in a corner. But the rooms have a clean and bright look rather than stuffy. And then there are the antique sofas upholstered in hot pink.
Sept. 29, 2013 - Boston.com
- Genie Francis in Boston Globe
I love Annie's stuff,says Francis, stroking a flower-pattern puff. "I love cotton, I love chintz, and I love color."