- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Chinese descent
- n a ball bowled by a left-handed bowler to a right-handed batsman that spins from off to leg
News & Articles
- Whale carcass brought ashore attracts on-lookers
A 55-foot dead sperm whale made its way to Heeia Kea Pier Saturday morning after being monitored for the last two days near Chinaman's Hat. But along with its arrival, also came curious onlookers who took the rare opportunity to see the dead animal up-close.
Oct. 27, 2013 - KHON 2 Honolulu
- Mark Twain in The Conservative Voice
Mark Twain wrote in "Roughing It", published in 1872, that "No Californian gentleman or lady ever abuses or oppresses a Chinaman, under any circumstances . . . Only the scum of the population do it - they and their children; they, and naturally and...
- Learie Constantine in CricInfo.com
Robins left the crease cursing "fancy being out to a bloody Chinaman," to which Learie Constantine replied: "Do you mean the bowler or the ball?"
- Ted Turner in San Jose Mercury News
In his statement, Turner wrote that he was "unaware that the term `Chinaman' was derogatory and hurtful to the Asian Pacific American community."