china : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia; the most populous country in the world
- n high quality porcelain originally made only in China
- n a government on the island of Taiwan established in 1949 by Chiang Kai-shek after the conquest of mainland China by the Communists led by Mao Zedong
- n dishware made of high quality porcelain
News & Articles
- China keeps quiet on NSA leaker Snowden
China remained tight-lipped Thursday about its stance on NSA leaker Edward Snowden, who is believed to be holed up in a safe house somewhere in the semiautonomous territory of Hong Kong.
June 14, 2013 - CNN
- China Sunergy Starts to Ship from Turkey Plant
NANJING, China, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- China Sunergy Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: CSUN) ("China Sunergy" or "the Company"), a specialized solar cell and module manufacturer, today announced ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- China to scrap iron ore import licence system -source
* China to ditch one-decade iron ore import licensing from H2 * Companies only require routine licenses to import iron ore By Ruby Lian and David Stanway SHANGHAI, June 13 (Reuters) - China plans to scrap its decade-old iron ore import licensing system this year, an industry source said on Thursday, a move that may further lift imports in a market that takes two-thirds of the world's ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Timothy Geithner in International Herald Tribune
President Obama - backed by the conclusions of a broad range of economists - believes that China is manipulating its currency,Geithner said. "The new economic team will forge an integrated strategy on how best to achieve currency...
- Nancy Pelosi in Xinhua
The spokesperson Jiang Yu made the remarks when asked to comment on the statement in which Pelosi said "I believe that International Olympic Committee made a mistake in awarding the 2008 Summer Games to China."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
The relationship between the US and China will shape the 21st century,making it the most important bilateral relationship in the world, Obama said.