- n intelligent somewhat arboreal ape of equatorial African forests
- The 14-year-old chimpanzee latched onto Nash's face and tore it apart.
- So many chimpanzees have been taken out of Africa by irresponsible persons that the French government has called a halt.
- Pbo had sequenced a number of random sections of the chimpanzee genome, which he compared with human DNA sequences and found had an average of only 1.
News & Articles
- Conn. woman mauled by chimpanzee is denied permission to sue state for $150 million
HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut woman disfigured in a chimpanzee attack was denied permission Friday to sue the state for $150 million.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- State rules against Stamford woman mauled in chimpanzee attack
State rules against Stamford woman mauled in chimpanzee attack Stamford Advocate Copyright 2013 Stamford Advocate. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 4:09 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 Nash sued the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection for allowing the animal to stay at a North Stamford residence. The lawsuit ...
June 14, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest Applauds Fish and Wildlife Proposal to End Split Listing of Chimpanzees
Chimpanzee Sanctuary Northwest (CSNW) applauds the proposal announced today by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) to expand the protection of chimpanzees in captivity under the Endangered Species Act. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823894.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Kim Kardashian in San Francisco Chronicle
Kardashian says, "I understand my timing was not appropriate and it was insensitive of me. What happened to the woman that was attacked by the chimpanzee was devastating. In no way did I mean to insult or offend anyone by posting these pictures."
- Augusten Burroughs in Variety
I'm a chimpanzee stepping behind the wheel of a Ferrari,Burroughs said of his move into the smallscreen world. "As long as somebody from Katalyst, CBS or Showtime is there to shout, 'Red means stop,' we should all be fine and come out of...
- Jeff Corwin in CNN
It's often said that an adult chimpanzee weighing in at 150 pounds is three to seven times stronger than a human being,Corwin said. "The thing about chimpanzees is, we sort of look at them through our rose-colored cultural glasses of the...