- n a percussion instrument consisting of a set of tuned bells that are struck with a hammer; used as an orchestral instrument
- v emit a sound
bells and gongs chimed
- Since "moblogs," or group photo blogs, get tens of thousands of camera-phone images a day, viral marketers are gearing up to let customers chime in visually as well as verbally .
- The goal is to be the last player to chime in successfully.
- Even today, Asterix stories seem to chime with the country's discomfort with globalization as it rails at the hegemonic power of the day, be it Roman imperialism or Anglo-Saxon .
News & Articles
- A Few Tips for The Last of Us
The Last of Us is finally out, and now I get to share in the joy of having others play it, as there have been few others to talk to about the game when I beat my review copy a week ago. I'll probably have some commentary about the surely controversial ending soon, but first I thought I'd chime in with a few tips regarding gameplay I didn't cover or only brushed on during my official review.
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Wesley Bell choir celebrates 50 years of ringing true
Wesley Bell choir celebrates 50 years of ringing true by Leann Burke The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 14, 2013 10:02PM MDT Lights glinted off the brass bells in Christ United Methodist Church as music filled the sanctuary. The bells — more than 50 of them — melded seamlessly into a single song. It’s these young musicians’ time to shine and chime (and fix even the tiniest of glitches) as they ...
June 14, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- George Takei Corrects Fan On Conan, Says ‘Most Things In Nature Are Gay’ [Video]
George Takei took to Conan O’Brien’s late night show on Monday night to help the popular TV personality with fan corrections. O’Brien regularly does a skit where fans can chime in on his mistakes during episodes before he, or some other surprise guest, explain that he was right all along. During this show, a fan [...] George Takei Corrects Fan On Conan, Says ‘Most Things In Nature Are Gay ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Josh Willingham in USA Today
The team's been doing great,Willingham said. "I'm not trying to come in and change anything. I just kind of want to chime in and do what I can to help us win. It's been fun to watch them and it's been frustrating not to be able to play."
- Alastair Stewart in The Guardian
Alastair Stewart, an Investec analyst, said the comments "chime with more forthright statements from our industry meetings, which suggest major land buyers are pulling out of the market for fear of a double dip".
- Rachael Ray in San Francisco Chronicle
She tells me to be myself,Ray said. "She doesn't chime in or call up and say, `This is how you can be more like Oprah.' She's pretty busy with her own job."