chigger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n small tropical flea; the fertile female burrows under the skin of the host including humans
- n larval mite that sucks the blood of vertebrates including human beings causing intense irritation
- They call it all sorts of names: "jeep," "beep," "peep," "bug," "chigger.
- Party leaders nibbled cucumber sandwiches in Illinois, collected chigger bites in Iowa, stood at attention for the Uruguayan national anthem in Montevideo (Minn.
- Down in the chigger latitudes when I was a kid, it used to pass for tolerance, now and then, to try to get away with a formula stating, in effect, that one's racism had nothing .