- n the dried root of the chicory plant: used as a coffee substitute
- n perennial Old World herb having rayed flower heads with blue florets cultivated for its root and its heads of crisp edible leaves used in salads
- n root of the chicory plant roasted and ground to substitute for or adulterate coffee
- n crisp spiky leaves with somewhat bitter taste
- They do not have radishes, lettuce, chicory, or spinach.
- The daily ration was a piece of bread and some chicory coffee, and to keep the children from running off, "they took all of our clothes away.
- Why, they didn't even put any chicory in the coffee or supply Tabasco sauce for the eggs.
News & Articles
- All-American Celebration coming to Chicory Square
BLUEFIELD — Hot dogs, apple pies, baseball, flags and patriotic music will come together Friday for the All-American Celebration at Chicory Square in Bluefield.
July 1, 2013 - Bluefield Daily Telegraph