- n French actor and cabaret singer (1888-1972)
- n a gallant or courtly gentleman
- Kennedy's Paris flat is not far from the fifth, he is fluent in French, and last year he was made a chevalier of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.
News & Articles
- Steinmetz alumni picnic set for June 23
The 60th annual Steinmetz High School Alumni picnic is Sunday, June 23, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Catherine Chevalier Woods, Grove No. 2., 5530 N. East River Rd., Chicago. The alumni association will give away soda and water. Bring your own food or Vince’s restaurant will offer food for a small charge. Contact Chester Musiala, 630-404-4850, for details.~. …
June 11, 2013 - Norridge-Harwood Heights News
- Things To Do blog: France designates local film festival director Downs as a knight
The French Order of Arts and Lettres has designated Cecile Mouette Downs -- longtime heroine of the Sacramento film community -- as a chevalier, or knight.
June 8, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- How Do You Find A Story In A Painting?
When Tracy Chevalier looks at paintings, she imagines the stories behind them. She shares three stories inspired by portraits, including the one that led to her best-selling novel Girl With a Pearl Earring .
June 7, 2013 - NPR
- Garnet Rogers in Canada.com
I can still sing you most of 'I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore' and 'Thank Heaven For Little Girls,'Rogers said. "Stan and I were doing Maurice Chevalier accents."
- Peter Sutherland in Euro2day
Peter Sutherland, BP chairman, said Browne had informed the company of allegations relating to the "limited use by Jeff Chevalier of BP computer and staff resources".
- Stephen Harper in Xinhua
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Corporal Benoit Chevalier,Harper said in a statement.