cheque : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a written order directing a bank to pay money
- v withdraw money by writing a check
- Apart from a hefty pay cheque, what could these matches mean to the non-Indian players? What Australian, South African or New Zealander grows up dreaming of representing Jaipur .
- Straightway the cheque was deposited as "The Jeremiah Smith Hungarian Scholarship Fund.
- "The President thought that if he were elected he could say that the people at a solemn referendum had voted him a blank cheque to control our world relations without Congress.
- Mitt Romney in ReportonBusiness.com
Speaking Thursday morning amid growing signs of gridlock in Congress, Mr. Romney said, "There's no question but that if you just write a cheque, you're going to see these companies go out of business ultimately."
- Nancy Pelosi in BBC News
Democrats are not going to give the President a blank cheque for a war without end,said Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Sandra Day O Connor in CBC.ca
A state of war is not a blank cheque for the president when it comes to the rights of the nation's citizens,wrote Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.