chenille : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a soft tufted cord used in embroidery
- n a heavy fabric woven with chenille cord; used in rugs and bedspreads
- Douglas limps through the slush of a Pittsburgh winter, dressed in his former wife's pink chenille bathrobe.
- In the South manufacturers of chenille bath mats started making full-scale cotton rugs with fast tufting machines in which 730 huge needles did the work of the old-fashioned looms.
- He helped conceive the design, which with its chenille banquettes and straw-flecked walls looks like a cross between a Paris bistro and a Japanese teahouse.
- Darwyn Cooke in Wall Street Journal
I told the animators to think of Superman's top like a hockey sweater made of wool with a chenille crest for the 'S' -- no spandex -- and to kick back the blue and red,says Mr. Cooke. "It seems like a terrible time to have lived, but it...