- n material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules
- a relating to or used in chemistry
- a of or made from or using substances produced by or used in reactions involving atomic or molecular changes
- A British archaeologist's recent discovery offers a reminder that chemical weapons are nothing new in fact, the war tactic is thousands of years old.
- A corruption scandal closes down the company responsible for destroying chemical weapons abandoned by Japanese forces in China.
- A new study links exposure to bisphenol A, a chemical commonly found in plastic, with higher rates of heart disease and diabetes.
News & Articles
- Chemical plant blast
An explosion and fire at a Louisiana chemical plant Thursday morning killed one person and injured 73 more, Gov. Bobby Jindal said. The explosion took place at Williams Olefins chemical plant in Ascension Parish, between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, state police said.
June 14, 2013 - MSN
- Chemical plant workers reunite with family after explosion
Chemical plant workers packed the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, waiting to see their families for the first time since a ground rattling explosion at the plant.
June 14, 2013 - FOX 8 New Orleans
- Chemical Plant Explodes in Louisiana
An explosion and fire at chemical plant in Louisiana has sent multiple burn victims to the hospital and forced local residents to hide in their homes. The plant is located in Geismar, Lousiana, just south of Baton Rouge, and produces ethylene and propylene gasses. Thick black smoke from the fire has prompted hazmat teams to descend on the scene, and the local emergency have asked residents ...
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Tony Blair in Telegraph.co.uk
He said: "This isn't about a lie or a conspiracy or a deceit or a deception. It's a decision. And the decision I had to take was, given Saddam's history, given his use of chemical weapons, given the over one million people whose deaths he had...
- Pedro Reinhard in Wall Street Journal
Earlier Monday, Mr. Reinhard said in a statement released through Rubinstein Public Relations, "I categorically deny that I have been part of any secret effort to take over or acquire Dow Chemical."
- Richard Blumenthal in Hartford Courant
I am alarmed by recent studies confirming that BPA leaches from these products into the foods they hold,Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said in the letters. "The preventable release of a toxic chemical directly into the...