- n (medicine) the process of removing a heavy metal from the bloodstream by means of a chelate as in treating lead or mercury poisoning
- n the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds
- But effective as chelation is, doctors point out that medical treatment cannot substitute for a safe environment.
- On the other hand, chelation therapy, which removes heavy metals such as mercury and nickel in cases of metal poisoning, is an accepted treatment.
- Some children endured a procedure called chelation, in which drugs that bind to the metal are administered intravenously; others took nutritional supplements.
News & Articles
- ASK DOCTOR K: Chelation therapy and heart disease
DEAR DOCTOR K: I have heart disease. Will chelation therapy help reduce my risk of a heart attack? DEAR READER: That's a timely question, because a recent study of chelation therapy has generated a lot of interest and debate.
June 18, 2013 - Eureka Times-Standard
- Paul Offit in USA Today
Suppose that a child suffers a severe side effect from chelation,said Offit, author of "Autism's False Prophets," a new book on autism research. "Without any evidence it's helpful, I think it's unethical."
- Pyotr Sumin in Reuters India
CDC officials, who maintain autism is a genetic disorder and irreversible, cannot tolerate the existence of children whose autistic behaviors have disappeared after chelation therapy removes vaccine-related mercury and other toxins from their... Barbara Loe Fisher http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Loe_Fisher&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHsSgPv07trPitYTEqsjsrZqCRHmA United Press International http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.upi.com/Consumer_Health_Daily/Reports/2007/05/04/ped_med_chelation_stirs_controversy/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEU1TOwnxeaR_R5K3ITJNuB-JgfKg May 4, 2007
17067 23670 chelyabinsk There were several different possibilities, but we have chosen the Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant," Chelyabinsk governor Pyotr Sumin said on Monday in a statement. "At the present time this is the best way out for ZMZ and the regional...