cheetah : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n long-legged spotted cat of Africa and southwestern Asia having nonretractile claws; the swiftest mammal; can be trained to run down game
- Thousands of years ago, nothing could stop the cheetah.
- Here's a question: if I went out and made a claim I believed but no one else thought possible - that a greyhound could outrun a cheetah, for example - would that be considered a .
- The cheetah, loner and fleet aristocrat, the upper-class version of the hyena, has opened up the wildebeest and devoured the internal organs.
News & Articles
- Cheetah Top Speed May Be Less Than 60 MPH
A cheetah’s top speed may not be as fast as biologists reported in the past. According to a study published online Wednesday in Nature, five wild cheetahs tested in Botswana, Africa never exceeded a top speed of 58 miles per hour in 367 runs. However, that speed was enough to allow the cheetah to hold [...] Cheetah Top Speed May Be Less Than 60 MPH is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Cheetah's Agility is More Important Than Speed
We knew the cheetah was the world’s fastest land animal — but now we know it can run circles around the competition. Using a new, high-tech collar that provides an unprecedented amount of data, a team studying wild cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus) in Botswana found the big cats’ hunting successes were based on maneuverability and behavior rather than simply speed. According to their study, published ...
June 12, 2013 - Discover
- Cheetah's acceleration power key to their success
This undated handout photo provided by Nature shows a wild cheetah wearing a Royal veterinary college collar in Northern Botswana.
June 12, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Jon Drummond in Forbes
He's the cheetah,Drummond said. "He lurks very quietly, you don't know he's there, and then he's there and he jumps out real fast and gets his food. Yeah, he's the cheetah." "It's special. This was my first relay tonight. It was a...
- Kirsten Smith in International Herald Tribune
You've got 'Sex and the City,' the Pussycat Dolls, the Cheetah Girls, the 'House Bunny' girls - there's these groups of girls, arms linked, saying 'All right, there's strength in numbers, let's go forward together,'said Smith, who has...
- Amanda Beard in Washington Post
I played the old Nintendo Olympics game with the Power Pad, where you started out as the turtle and worked your way up to the cheetah,said Beard. "My family would have competitions against other families who were close friends and we'd...