cheerer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a spectator who shouts encouragement
- Idle tops this with the immortal music-hall cheerer-upper, "The Bright Side of Life," which has since become a rally song for English footballers.
- And he wrote of Bumpy: "She is a sort of roving delegate, cheerer-upper, smoother-over and finder-outer for the whole Red Cross of Africa and half the Army, too.
- Idle tops this with the immortal, blithely idiotic music-hall cheerer-upper, "The Bright Side of Life," making Life of Brian that rare Crucifixion movie you could hum your way .
- Lauren Jackson in USA Today
I was probably the best cheerer on the bench,Jackson said. "They played awesome. It was tough sitting, but I knew I'd get my chance in the second half."