checkpoint : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a place (as at a frontier) where travellers are stopped for inspection and clearance
- In a culture that forbids male policemen or checkpoint guards from frisking women yet also frowns on women joining the security forces many have easy passage to high-value .
- In a culture that forbids male police officers and checkpoint guards to frisk women--yet also frowns on women joining the security forces--many have easy passage to high-value .
- A fifth soldier, who remained at the checkpoint to monitor the radio, said that when the men returned in bloodied clothes, each of them told him not to speak of the incident again.
News & Articles
- Checkpoint planned in Sugar Creek
The Sugar Creek Police Department will be having a sobriety checkpoint the weekend of June 2
June 11, 2013 - The Examiner
- DUI checkpoint planned for Friday
The Berlin Police Department has scheduled a DUI sobriety checkpoint for the evening of Friday, June 14, on the Berlin Turnpike. Roadside sobriety checkpoints have been shown to be the most effective method to detect and apprehend under the influence drivers.
June 11, 2013 - The Berlin Citizen
- DUI checkpoint nets 16 arrests
Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Malibu/Lost Hills Station conducted a DUI and driver's license checkpoint on Fri., June 7, but none of the 16 arrests that were made were for drug or alcohol impairment. read more
June 10, 2013 - The Acorn
- Lori Saldana in WNYT
We want them to say what constitutes a legitimate group,Saldana said after the hearing. "Do we want these people allowed on a highway near a security checkpoint?"
- Tzipi Livni in Forbes
In the end, it comes down to the details, checkpoint by checkpoint, step by step for a better future,Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni told the donors.
- Kip Hawley in Guardian Unlimited
In prepared testimony for a congressional hearing Thursday, TSA Administrator Kip Hawley said, "Relying solely on security at the checkpoint or focusing all of our resources to defeat one threat is counterproductive and detracts from our overall...