- n annual or winter annual grass with softly hairy leaves of the Mediterranean
- Benign-looking cheatgrass carpets the shrub-steppes of the West and feeds some grazing species and birds.
News & Articles
- Cheatgrass cheating eagles out of habitat
Cheatgrass cheating eagles out of habitat by Brett Prettyman The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 11, 2013 06:23AM MDT Juab County • The natural instinct to defend themselves took different courses for the two young golden eagle siblings in the nest atop the juniper tree. The male eaglet stood his ground, displaying an already formidable beak and talons in an effort to stare down the threat. The ...
June 9, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- E. Oregon fire fears not eased by May rain
BAKER CITY, Ore. (AP) — A soggy end to May made Eastern Oregon's drought look a trifle less dire on paper, but Jason Simmons isn't worried about paper. He's worried about cheatgrass, and sagebrush, and junipers, and pines and firs -- all primed to burn due to this year's unusually dry start.
June 7, 2013 - KTVZ Bend
- Fire managers worry about fire season
By Jayson Jacoby/Baker City Herald BAKER CITY, Ore. (AP) â A soggy end to May made Eastern Oregon's drought look a trifle less dire on paper, but Jason Simmons isn't worried about paper. He's worried about cheatgrass. And sagebrush and junipers and pines and firs. ...
June 7, 2013 - KTVL Medford
- Jim Gibbons in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Our agreement was premised on the idea of declaring war on cheatgrass,Gibbons told reporters at a Boise news conference. "It's more than just burning grass out there - it's an economy at risk, it's state resources that are at risk, it's...
- Jon Huntsman in Twin Falls Times-News
With cheatgrass, you see fire year-in, year-out,Huntsman said Monday. "That's totally unacceptable."