- n verbal punishment
- n a rebuke for making a mistake
- Yes, it's a shame that a Christian Rapture could teleport all the godly elect into heaven, leaving sinners (like yourself) to suffer a millennium of "Satanic chastisement" but .
- That chastisement had its effect on some of the Florida supremes.
- That move so displeased the Italian underworld that while Valachi was serving time for theft, he received as chastisement a knife wound that ran under his heart and around to .
- Peter Milliken in Canoe.ca
There's bound to be some disorder when issues are raised,Milliken told MPs in his candidacy speech before voting began. "In my view, no amount of interference or chastisement of members will impose order that does not exist unless the...
- Bill DeWeese in Centre Daily Times
The time has run out; we are going to have to deliver,said Majority Leader Bill DeWeese, D-Greene. "I think we'll all be better public servants than we would have been had it not been for the chastisement of the body politic."
- Anthony Lane in New Statesman
Anthony Lane, the New Yorker's influential film critic, wrote that it "winces with liberal self-chastisement".