- n a clergyman ministering to some institution
- The Navy needs 370 chaplains immediately, will need 500 more in the next six months to keep pace with its new ships, increased overseas duty.
- He recalls how a Russian priest once solemnly kissed his rather short chaplain on the forehead and turned away with the chaplain's spectacles entangled in his beard.
- On the basis of prewar army records, Korean soldiers do not bear much resemblance to a field that is white unto a chaplain's harvest.
- David Petraeus in Washington Post
In the letter, Petraeus, who is on his third tour of duty, said that "while we are warriors, we are also all human beings," and urged his troops that if they felt stress they should talk to "your chain of command, your chaplain, or a medical...
- Roy Williams in Dallas Morning News
I think this place is cursed,Williams said. "I asked our chaplain if he knew anyone who could christen Ford Field to get it right for us."
- Roy Moore in WVEC.com (subscription)
Outside court, Moore said the case is an attempt "to get rid of Chaplain Klingenschmitt."