- n branched lighting fixture; often ornate; hangs from the ceiling
- Once confined to large, lavish spaces, chandeliers were traditionally all about opulence, symbols of success hanging overhead in visions of crystal, gold and silver.
- One of the other boys up there swung to the floor on the chandelier, and about ten minutes later I guess I wanted to be a gymnast, too.
- Crystal chandeliers perfectly intact; stalactites of rust hanging from ceilings and dripping down walls; the grand staircase, minus the stairs; the ship's wheel, the wood eaten .
News & Articles
- HomeThangs.com Has Released An Introduction To Budget Friendly Glass Chandeliers
Glass chandeliers offer a modern twist on a classic design, as well as an excellent way to save money without sacrificing style. HomeThangs.com has introduced a guide to these elegant and affordable chandeliers. (PRWeb June 09, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/modern-lighting-ideas/glass-chandeliers/prweb10797327.htm
June 9, 2013 - PRWeb
- Michigan House Envy: Metamora mansion with grand baronial touches
Shove open these massive doors in this Metamora home and the scene you enter is grand, baronial. Huge rooms are wrapped with beams, arches, crown moldings, ceiling coffers, fluted panels - all carved from cherry or oak. A Medieval church could have simpler trim. There's the Lladro room, where that Spanish porcelain is displayed under an enormous crystal chandelier. There's the kidney-shaped ...
June 7, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- 2nd Star Productions’ Camelot
Rich not only in sound but also in spectacle Jane C. Elkin Atorch flickers in the castle keep before the orchestra plays a note , illuminating the Dark Ages and modern times alike with the dream of Camelot. 2nd Star Productions’ revival of Lerner and Loewe’s 1960 blockbuster sparkles like a chandelier with 33 local stars in sumptuous costumes and sets, under the visionary direction of Jane B ...
June 5, 2013 - Bay Weekly
- Mike Huckabee in TIME
Huckabee writes that the former Massachusetts governor's record was "anything but conservative until he changed the light bulbs in his chandelier in time to run for president."
- Mitt Romney in Atlanta Journal Constitution
Romney, Huckabee, writes, was "anything but conservative until he changed the light bulbs in his chandelier in time to run for president."