chairlift : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a ski lift on which riders (skiers or sightseers) are seated and carried up or down a mountainside; seats are hung from an endless overhead cable
- Scarcely 100 miles from the Pakistani capital, Taliban forces loyal to jihadist preacher (and former chairlift operator) Maulana Fazlullah have brutally advanced across Swat a .
- Mullah Fazlullah, leader of the local Taliban chapter, used to work the chairlift.
- Imagine avoiding those chairlift queues, and stepping off your chartered chopper onto untracked powder.
- Bill Demong in USA Today
I take responsibility, for sure,Demong said from the hotel. "I checked it on the chairlift on the way up to be sure I had the right number. It slipped down inside my suit on the walk down from the lift."
- Seth Wescott in Boston Globe (registration)
You'd have people yelling from the chairlift, and it was adults a lot of the time. It was disheartening at times,Wescott told the Portland Press Herald. "I was a 10-year-old kid feeling prejudice from adults."
- Kevin Zegers in London Free Press
We needed to shoot it on location in Utah in a real chairlift. We needed to have people up there who were actually suffering and that's the starting point for the movie. It's pretty obvious to the audience,Zegers said from Los Angeles. "I...