- n strong feelings of embarrassment
- v cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of
- To the chagrin of the priests, the politicians would not let the controversy surrounding the mysterious death of an inmate of the temple die down.
- Much to the chagrin and exasperation of the music producers, the piracy of music continues unabated.
- William remains smiling and unperturbed even as chagrin and defeat surround him.
News & Articles
- Chagrin Solon Sun calendar of events: June 13-19
Calendar of events for the Chagrin Solon Sun area.
June 12, 2013 - Chagrin Solon Sun
- Chagrin Falls obstetrician Brad Lucas makes big deal about dads with pregnancy book especially for them
Dr. Brad Lucas, an obstetrician who lives in Chagrin Falls and has a part-time private practice in Westlake, thought men were getting the short end of the stick when it came to all the pregnancy fuss. So he decided to write a book just for them.
June 11, 2013 - The Sun Press
- Fitness Together in Chagrin Falls sets franchise record for most personal training sessions in a month
CHAGRIN FALLS -- Fitness Together owner Jonathan Slain and his team were averaging about 650 personal training sessions per month at this time last year when he read Jim Collins' business management book "Good to Great," and decided to set a "big, hairy, audacious goal" (from another Collins book) of his own; break the franchise record of 1,044 sessions in a month held by an Alexandria, VA ...
June 11, 2013 - Chagrin Solon Sun
- Charles Schumer in International Herald Tribune
You can imagine our chagrin, you can imagine how upset we were to learn that, of all people, the Port Authority is throwing a monkey wrench in this deal,said Schumer, adding: "I wouldn't call it a shakedown in the traditional sense, but I...
- David Paterson in New York Times
I thought he was gracious to me,Mr. Paterson said. "He asked me how I was feeling; he expressed a little chagrin about the process in this situation."
- Ralph Klein in CTV.ca
We will proceed to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, much to our chagrin, following proclamation of the federal Civil Marriage Act,Klein said in a press conference in Calgary Tuesday.