centime : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fractional monetary unit of several countries: France and Algeria and Belgium and Burkina Faso and Burundi and Cameroon and Chad and the Congo and Gabon and Haiti and the Ivory Coast and Luxembourg and Mali and Morocco and Niger and Rwanda and Senegal and Switzerland and Togo
- n a coin worth one-hundredth of the value of the basic unit
- Frenchmen often mistook the 50-for the 20-centime piece, and they soon discovered that the 20-centime piece worked perfectly well in 50-centime vending machines, while the 50 .
- The copper centime coins will gradually be withdrawn from circulation and replaced by nickel and aluminum.
- In a stunning act of defiance against the world's financial experts and the seeming necessity of events, he refused to devalue the franc by one centime.
- Patrice Evra in BusinessWeek
We won't accept one centime,Evra said.
- Nicolas Sarkozy in News24
Out for a jog on the Mediterranean island of Malta, Sarkozy told journalists that his trip would "not cost taxpayers a single centime", adding that billionaire businessman Vincent Bollore was a friend of 20 years standing.