centerboard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a retractable fin keel used on sailboats to prevent drifting to leeward
- With only a vestigial keel, she relies on a retractable centerboard to keep her steady in the water.
- Navigating with just the kind of seamanlike skill his grey-hulled, centerboard yawl Finisterre deserved, Skipper Carleton Mitchell logged a corrected time of 28 hr.
- Observers were impressed with the seamanship, even though such homestretch finesse was no longer necessarythe broad-beamed little centerboard yawl had won the Newport-to-Bermuda .
News & Articles
- Veneri: Marion Bermuda is Friday
Thirty-five years ago, the first Marion Bermuda Race began from Centerboard Shoals headed for St. David's Light off Bermuda, 645 miles away.
June 9, 2013 - The Standard-Times