- n a periodic count of the population
- v conduct a census
They censused the deer in the forest
- The census taker who knocked on his door for the third time last week is also in charge of the neighborhood's family-planning committee.
- If like many people you wondered if you'd heard correctly when Judd Gregg specifically cited his differences with Obama over the census--the census? that census?--when he withdrew .
- With the census seven weeks old and still unfinished, the nation was acting as apprehensive as a housewife getting a new hairdo.
News & Articles
- Census Data Shows Growth in Multiracial Population
New Census data shows the number of multiracial people in the U.S. has grown significantly since 2010. Estimates released Thursday show that as of last year there were seven-and-a-half million people who identify as being of more than one race living in the U.S.
June 14, 2013 - KPBS San Diego
- Census: Hawaii has highest share of Asians in US
A state analysis of U.S. Census data released Thursday shows Hawaii has by far the largest share of Asians and the smallest share of whites in any U.S. state's total population. The research division of ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Census: Washington getting less white, older; Asians growing fastest in state
New census data show that racial and ethnic minorities have grown faster than the white population in Washington since 2010. Non-Hispanic whites declined from 72.7 percent of the state’s total population in 2010 to 71.6 percent in 2012, according to the census. Meanwhile, other groups–Hi
June 13, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Judd Gregg in Chicago Sun-Times
Earlier, Gregg said in a statement, "this will not work for me as I have found that on issues such as the stimulus package and the Census there are irresolvable conflicts for me."
- John Boehner in FOXNews
We will have to watch closely to ensure the 2010 census is conducted without attempting ...... statistical sleight of hand,said House Republican Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.
- George Takei in Advocate.com
It doesn't matter whether you have a legal marriage license or not,says Takei, dressed in his Star Fleet costume. "It only matters if you consider yourself married. That's what the census is asking for, for people to identity how they view...