censoring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n counterintelligence achieved by banning or deleting any information of value to the enemy
- n deleting parts of publications or correspondence or theatrical performances
- v forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- v subject to political, religious, or moral censorship
- Like China, Vietnam uses a firewall to block access to pornography and political websites, and is talking about censoring blogs although that is more difficult because most are .
- In Venice, De Palma explained that "redacted" is the military's euphemism for the editing, in fact censoring, of impolitic comments in war documents, including servicemen's letters .
- Please state publicly your reasons for censoring.
News & Articles
- Lindsey Graham: ‘If I thought censoring the mail was necessary, I would suggest it’
Sen. Lindsey Graham would propose censoring Americans' "snail" mail if he thought it would help protect national security, the South Carolina Republican said Tuesday. But for now, he says he doesn't think it's necessary. Faced with questions about the disclosure that the National Security Agency has been collecting phone and email records of citizens, Graham [...]
June 11, 2013 - The Ticket via Yahoo! News
- Lindsey Graham Says He Would Suggest Censoring The Mail, If He ‘Thought It Necessary’
Yahoo's Chris Moody reports that outspoken security hawk Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) would propose censoring American postal mail if he thought it a "necessary" method to protecting the United States from future terror attacks. The senator compared the hypothetical situation to World War II, in which all Americans had a "mentality" that their way of life was "at risk," and thus surveillance was ...
June 11, 2013 - Mediaite
- Iran Accelerates Crackdown on Media and Dissidents Prior to Election
Iranian authorities should immediately stop censoring newspapers and news websites, arresting political activists, and muzzling foreign journalists within the country, ahead of the June 14 presidential election, the Campaign for Human Rights in Iran said today.
June 11, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Nancy Keenan in Forbes
This is where you have a corporation that is censoring free speech,Keenan said. "That is the issue here that is pretty frightening in a democracy."
- Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn in Houston Chronicle
Commonly in the scientific community every inquiry into the scientific weaknesses of the theory is blocked off at the very outset,SchÃ¶nborn said of Darwinism. "To some extent there prevails a type of censoring here of the sort for which...
- Dalton McGuinty in 570 News
I'm not familiar with the movie, and I'm not particularly in favour of getting involved in censoring various artistic endeavours,McGuinty told reporters. "I just think there's trouble down that path if we start making those calls as...