celebrator : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is celebrating
- To a celebrator of the alleged maternal instinct, "modern woman"--with her contraception, abortion rights, career and nanny--can only be a pitiful freak.
- He was a celebrator as much as a denouncer of the nation that bred him.
- This year's celebrator: CBS, first in prime-time ratings for the 1991-92 season.
- Michael Barone in Washington Post
Barone added: "Stevenson was the first leading Democratic politician to become a critic rather than a celebrator of middle-class American culture -- the prototype of the liberal Democrat who would judge ordinary Americans by an abstract standard and...
- Joe Paterno in New York Times
I'm not a big celebrator,Joe Paterno said. "Never have been and I'm not going to start now."
- Tony Parrish in San Francisco Chronicle
For one thing, I'm not a celebrator,the low-key Parrish said. "I ended up being a solid player on a team that's not winning, so the attention goes elsewhere, especially when you constantly have the new draft picks coming in and the hype...