- n the overhead upper surface of a covered space
he hated painting the ceiling
- n (meteorology) altitude of the lowest layer of clouds
- n an upper limit on what is allowed
he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him
- n maximum altitude at which a plane can fly (under specified conditions)
- If set too low, a strict ceiling on military spending could disastrously weaken the nation's defenses.
- Because Leon Henderson removed its price ceiling, the long slumbering cotton grey goods market woke up with a bang last week.
- The pressure on the price ceilings was nearing the bursting point.
News & Articles
- Ceiling collapse highlights D97 headquarters maintenance issues
OAK PARK — District 97 officials’ decision whether to move to a new administration building or set aside money for maintenance of the current site, 970 W. Madison St., may have become more urgent Tuesday as part of a ceiling collapsed.
June 26, 2013 - Oak Park Leaves
- Ceilume Launches FDA-Compliant Culinary Ceiling Tiles
Ceilume, manufacturers of vinyl ceiling tiles, today announced the launch of its Restaurant and Culinary Ceiling Tile collection featuring waterproof, washable, and decorative tiles that are FDA compliant. (PRWeb June 26, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Ceilume/Culinary/prweb10870696.htm
June 26, 2013 - PRWeb
- Ceiling Caves In On Homeowner
Jean Matza found herself in a vulnerable place when the storm hit. "I'm feeling all of this coming down on my head and I'm going holy cow," said Matza. A tree fell on top of her roof causing the ceiling to come down with it, too.
June 25, 2013 - WOWT Omaha
- John McCain in Purdue Exponent
Sarah Palin once said on the 2008 campaign trail, "Hillary left eighteen million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Newsday
Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it's got about 18 million cracks in it,Clinton said -- a reference to the millions of voters who supported her in the primaries.
- Sarah Palin in New York Times
Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all,Ms. Palin said to huge applause.