- n a sizeable hole (usually in the ground)
- n space that is surrounded by something
- n soft decayed area in a tooth; progressive decay can lead to the death of a tooth
- n (anatomy) a natural hollow or sinus within the body
- In most cases, the donor organ is at least tucked safely out of sighta heart hidden into the chest cavity, a kidney slipped under back muscle.
- A careful surgeon would no more neglect to drain off escaped blood while operating in the peritoneal cavity than he would operate with unsterilized instruments.
- As the fetus grew, it burst the tube and escaped into the abdominal cavity.
News & Articles
- All News
Jockey Tim Thornton fractured a sinus cavity and injured a shoulder in a chain reaction accident in Thursday’s fourth race at Canterbury Park.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Toward Ultra-High-Bandwidth Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers
Vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) have evolved as the emitters of choice for short-distance high-speed data communications, thanks to their low cost and high power efficiency.
June 13, 2013 - PhotonicsOnline
- New Multi Connector Single Cavity Over-Molds
ISC Engineering is now offering a new line of products featuring multiple connectors within a single cavity. This new product offering comes in many custom built to spec styles two of the most common are multiple connectors branching from a single cable and multi- connector adapters. There are several benefits of having a single cavity multi connector mold. - Lower tooling cost as opposed to a ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Francesco Rutelli in International Herald Tribune
We took this decision to verify conclusively if the cavity exists and if there are traces of the fresco,Rutelli said during a visit in Florence.
- Mike Singletary in International Herald Tribune
I think Coach Martz felt that there would be a cavity inside, so he made the call,Singletary said. "So you've got to live with the result."
- Panos Zavos in KOLD-TV
Zavos says, "Placing the semen inside the vaginal cavity when they receive it is not a rocket engineer's type of a procedure. But, in spite of that, we warn them that artificial insemination is a physician-prescribed procedure."