- n troops trained to fight on horseback
- n a highly mobile army unit
- As a young man of undistinguished academic accomplishment he was admitted to Sandhurst after two failed attempts he entered the army as a cavalry officer.
- Instead, the horse cavalry are to dismount and step aboard machines, keeping their jobs and becoming mechanized cavalry.
- He led a group of cavalry officers who demanded that Nasser turn over all power to Naguib.
- Martin Johnson in Sportinglife.com
These players are learning the brutal, harsh lessons of our sport,said Johnson. "We won't be making wholesale changes, because these are the best people we have. There is no 50-cap cavalry coming over the hill. We have to live with it, and...
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
A helmeted British Barack Obama says, "Our cavalry will ride them down like grass. . . . Full attack!"
- Doc Rivers in USA Today
I told them there was no cavalry coming,Rivers said. "They were going to win it or lose it - I told them that from the beginning. They were great."