- n the beliefs and practices of a Catholic Church
- n the quality of being universal; existing everywhere
- What is essentially a matter of taste becomes an exercise in forcible catholicity, not to mention seeming hip.
- It is a measure of this fine first novel's catholicity with a lower-case c that the choice seems almost irrelevant.
- Moreover, in the catholicity of his repertoire (far greater than Horowitz's) and the breadth of his interpretive insight, Richter leaves the competition behind.