- n a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas
- n slipskin grape; a reddish American table grape
- n the Siouan language spoken by the Catawba
News & Articles
- Golf: Paradiso ties for fifth at LEJGA's Catawba Open
CATAWBA ISLAND — Port Clinton’s Anthony Paradiso fired a 6-over 78, placing tied for fifth in the boys 14-16 division as the Lake Erie Junior Golf Association played the Catawba Island Club Junior Open on Wednesday at the Catawba Island Club.
June 13, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- Son of Catawba woman deployed to Miss. for evaluated field exercise
Navy Constructionman Jared M. Brooks, son of Julie C. Georges of Catawba and Michael A. Brooks of Bradenton, Fla., and other Sailors assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 11 recently deployed to Camp Shelby, Miss. to begin their evaluated field exercise. FEX consists of scenario based training and assessments to certify the battalion as the [...]
June 12, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Catawba Co. schools to accept applications for transfers Monday
Starting Monday, Catawba County schools will begin accepting applications for parents who want to transfer their child into or within the district. All the required paperwork must be submitted by July 1. Families will know by Aug. 6 if the student is accepted.
June 9, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Henry McMaster in Wall Street Journal
The city of Charlotte is the largest water consumer along the Catawba River basin and in North Carolina,Mr. McMaster said Wednesday. "Their dismissal removes a major legal and political obstacle and will now allow South Carolina's case to...
- James Dean in Rocky Mount Telegram
It really is a North Carolina phenomenon,James said. "We're the pottery capital. My gosh, we've got three distinct regions - Seagrove, Catawba Valley and the west. That's why I think the Pottery Center is such an incredible resource...
- Pat McCrory in StreetInsider.com (subscription)
Jamestown is where I learned my basic set of small town and family values,said McCrory. "From Jamestown, I moved to beautiful Salisbury to attend Catawba College and obtained my teaching certificate. From Salisbury, I moved to Charlotte...