- n an underground tunnel with recesses where bodies were buried (as in ancient Rome)
- But as police and federal agents began to examine it closely, they found themselves back in the 1960s rummaging through the stale and dusty catacombs of Viet Nam-era radicalism.
- There is one sign pointing the way to the enticingly translated City of the Dead, which turns out to be an unrelated catacomb.
- A National Gallery exhibition charts the evolution of Christ's image from the Roman catacombs to Dal's famous 1951 response to Hiroshima.
- Ray Bradbury in Los Angeles Times
In an essay posted on the store's website, novelist Ray Bradbury writes: "It is a labyrinth, a tomb, a catacomb, a maze. . . . In its dusty roundabout winding corridors, turn here and you collide with Shaw, turn there and you knock elbows with...