- n any of various trees or shrubs of the genus Cassia having pinnately compound leaves and usually yellow flowers followed by long seedpods
- n some genus Cassia species often classified as members of the genus Senna or genus Chamaecrista
- n Chinese tree with aromatic bark; yields a less desirable cinnamon than Ceylon cinnamon
- Across town, amid the mangoes, palms and cassia trees of the European quarter, far fewer white citizens were similarly lined up.
- And the cortege, passing beneath flowering cassia trees, headed not for the military cemetery but for an overgrown burial ground on the banks of a rubbish-strewn gully.
- Except for a temporary lack of shipping, most such easily gathered Indies commodities as pepper, nutmeg, cassia, cinnamon and cloves should soon be moving in world trade again.
- Butch Otter in Twin Falls Times-News
This award will help create excellent jobs and economic opportunities for the good folks of Burley,Otter said. "That money will also provide a boost to the Mini-Cassia economy and create opportunities for future business recruitment."