casein : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a milk protein used in making e.g. plastics and adhesives
- n a water-base paint made with a protein precipitated from milk
- Casein is a proteid of the nucleoalbumin group, existing in the milk of various animals, and an important by-product in the cheese industry.
- This extracts the casein, which looks like pot cheese.
- Explains Chemist Vladimir Tolstogouzov: "Soybean protein is cheaper, but casein is best for making this exquisite product.
News & Articles
- Partner Promotion: £5 off For Goodness Shakes Protein packs
For Goodness Shakes and Athletestore.co.uk have released a new low fat, high protein shake that's aimed at aiding recovery from hard workouts. The FGS Protein RTD packs 25g of whey and casein protein per 500g bottle and contains 206/245 calories (strawberry/chocolate). It's ideal for those who want protein without the extra calories in the FGS Recovery RTD drinks. FGS Protein is available in ...
Aug. 30, 2013 - BikeRadar
- Lord Goldsmith in Times of India
Goldsmith added that while he expected to be able to argue "a reasonable casein favour of Blair's proposed military action, he was not confident a court would agree."