cartographer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who makes maps
- Chekhov was a cardiologist of the wounded heart; Gorky was a cartographer of a scarred social landscape.
- The first known map of southern Africa was drawn by Chinese cartographer Chu Ssu-pen in 1320.
- Cecelia Wong designed the pages, working with Dennis Wong, our graphic designer and cartographer.
News & Articles
- New Ingham County leader called 'good problem-solver'
• Position: Ingham County administrator/controller • Age: 51 • Experience: Isabella County administrator/controller; Chippewa County controller; Wexford County administrator; township manager and planner for Caledonia Township, senior planner for Sundberg, Carlson & Associates Inc., Traverse City; cartographer, director for Leelanau County Planning Department.
June 16, 2013 - DeWitt-Bath Review
- Ban Ki-moon in AFP
This report is not mentioning anything about the ownership or sovereignty,Ban told reporters in Downing Street, central London, after meeting British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. "The cartographer has been making research based on...
- Hardeep Singh Kohli in Bloomberg
Other judges include Hardeep Singh Kohli, described by the prize's Web site as a "writer, comedian, actor, presenter, director and cartographer," and Louise Doughty, a novelist best known for penning a newspaper column on how to write novels.