- n one of the two sides of a motorway where traffic travels in one direction only usually in two or three lanes
- Some 15,000 km of multi-lane freeway, dual carriageway, two-lane bitumen and corrugated dirt, it circles the Australian mainland, never far from the coast, and bisects Tasmania.
- All the props were in place, from the old upright piano to the rusting Coke machine in the carriageway, to the oversize electric fan near the corner where Bassist Papa John Joseph .
- Stewart Stevenson in BBC News
Mr Stevenson added: "The Scottish Government is very aware of local concern about this closure, and because the A7 is such a vital route we are working closely with our agencies and contractors to get the carriageway open as soon as possible."
- Andrew Welsh in stv.tv
Mr Welsh said: "Whether building the essential A92 dual carriageway, saving GlaxoSmithKline from closure, the massive investment in both the Scottish Crop Research Institute and the recent Â£3.2million investment in Montrose Harbour, the economic...
- Bill Heffernan in Sydney Morning Herald
I drive past there all the time and it's the most dangerous bit of highway because people forget they're not on the dual carriageway and boom, you have plenty of that,Senator Heffernan said.