carp : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed; can be baked or braised
- n any of various freshwater fish of the family Cyprinidae
- v raise trivial objections
- Carp and All the Trimmings .
- So, why not go ahead and buy some carp for the pond? Well, that would require a consensus on how much carp is needed, on how to pay for them, and on who should be entrusted to .
- In Tokyo the Emperor's 300 cherished carp were flushed out of the Imperial Palace moat into surrounding streets.
- Mike Cox in The Associated Press
Responsibility for this potential economic and ecological disaster rests solely with President Obama,Cox said. "He must take action immediately by ordering the locks closed and producing an emergency plan to stop Asian carp from entering...
- Jennifer Granholm in Washington Post
We cannot allow carp into the Great Lakes. It will destroy our Great Lakes fisheries, the economy,Granholm said. "It is urgent."
- Tony La Russa in The Associated Press
Carp and I? No,La Russa said. "He and I were not disagreeing."