carotene : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an orange isomer of an unsaturated hydrocarbon found in many plants; is converted into vitamin A in the liver
- n yellow or orange-red fat-soluble pigments in plants
- Not only did beta carotene produce absolutely no measurable health benefits, but the study of smokers had to be halted early because beta carotene seemed to be making the rate of .
- For while rice, like other green plants, contains light-trapping beta-carotene in its external tissues, it does not produce beta-carotene in its endosperm (the starchy interior .
- Studies in the 1980s showed that people who consume a lot of beta-carotene-rich foods have a marked decrease in their risk of cancer.