caribou : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Arctic deer with large antlers in both sexes; called `reindeer' in Eurasia and `caribou' in North America
- They said, 'Even a mosquito can kill a caribou calf when it's just born.
- Thousands of caribou drown in the Quebec wilderness Each fall, as their mating season approaches, an immense gathering of caribou from northeastern Canada embarks on a.
- When a single caribou runs, whether he's King Caribou or not, the jittery masses tend to follow.
News & Articles
- Northwest Trek celebrates baby boom
EATONVILLE — This is a great time of year to see baby animals at Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. Visitors can get up close with bison and caribou, Bighorn sheep lambs and deer fawns. The animals will be visible in the …
June 12, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- Cell phone thieves can cash in using recycling kiosks
ST. LOUIS PARK, Minn. - Paul Hartwig thought he would do some work on his computer at Caribou Coffee on Cedar Lake Road when plans changed quite dramatically two weeks ago.
June 12, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- West Moberly Unveils Precedent Setting "Action Plan" to Save Threatened Caribou Herd
This morning, West Moberly First Nations unveiled a precedent setting plan to save the Klinse-za caribou herd from the brink of extinction. The plan follows the requirements of Canada's Species at Risk ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Sarah Palin in Anchorage Daily News
Palin describes her diet: "I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well-done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou."
- Maureen Dowd in Human Events (blog)
Caribou Barbie is one nutty puppywrote New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. "Maybe there's another red Naughty Monkey high heel to drop -- there's often a hidden twist in Sarah's country-music melodramas." "Why not? Palin/Sanford...
- John Baird in Vancouver Province (subscription)
Taking into account what is best for the conservation of these species, I intend to initiate the listing process for . . . Peary caribou as endangered,Baird wrote to the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board in a May letter obtained by CanWest...