- n a waiter at a drive-in restaurant
- Most of Rain's inaction takes place smack-dab in Columbus, Texas, where Georgette (Lee Remick) toils as a carhop at the Magnolia Drive-in.
- First came the carhop, with a four-course meal at the rolling down of a window, and the motel, followed by the drive-in movie and the curbside teller's cage.
- Twyla Tharp has been seriously watching movies starting from the tune that she worked as a carhop in drive-in theaters owned by her parents.
News & Articles
- City administrator gives retirement notice
From teenage carhop to city administrator for most would be a giant leap, but for Barb Nelson it was only a matter of natural progressions. The post City administrator gives retirement notice appeared first on ABC Newspapers .
July 11, 2013 - ABC Newspapers
- Mr Blackwell in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Blackwell said: "Exploding beehives above, tacky polka-dots below, she's part 50's carhop horror."
- Nora Ephron in MSNBC
I highly recommend having Meryl Streep play you,Ephron told a crowd of thousands gathered at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre. "If your husband is cheating on you with a carhop, get Meryl to play you - you'll feel much better."