- n a custodian who is hired to take care of something (property or a person)
- n an official who performs the duties of an office temporarily
he acted as a caretaker until a new president could be elected
- The caretaker government has also accused Hasina of involvement in the killings of four political rivals during widespread unrest late last year (an accusation Hasina also denies).
- A nonparty caretaker government doesn't suffer from the burdens of political patronage.
- Initially, the caretaker government attempted to encourage prominent figures from civil society to form a "third way" to break from the country's two-party system.
News & Articles
- Prosecutors: Mother and caregiver planned for week to kill autistic teen
Alex Spourdalakis’ mother and caretaker planned for a week to kill him and then themselves, Cook County prosecutors said Wednesday. The women allegedly carried out the weekend slaying because they were upset about what they believed was a lack of proper medical care received by the autistic River Grove teen, prosecutors said. The mother, Dorothy Spourdalakis, is accused of stabbing her son ...
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Boy stabbed to death with mom, caretaker nearby
Police were investigating the stabbing death of a severely autistic 14-year-old boy whose body was found by relatives at his suburban Chicago apartment with his mother and a caretaker uninjure…
June 10, 2013 - Journal Gazette & Times-Courier
- Born to run
Caretaker Sheila Napier rubs poultice, a clay that draws out heat and soreness from the legs, on Ilikeitrealhot, aka Clyde, following his workout Wednesday, June 5, at the Delaware County Fairgrounds.
June 10, 2013 - This Week Delaware
- Roza Otunbayeva in Times Online
We have a caretaker government now in place and I am the head of it,Ms Otunbayeva said. "It will remain in place for half a year, during which we will draft the constitution and create conditions for free and fair [presidential]...
- Arnie Stuthman in USA Today
People are leaving them off just because they can't control them,state Sen. Arnie Stuthman, who introduced the original bill, said Thursday. "They're probably in no real danger, so it's an easy way out for the caretaker."
- Ben Howland in ESPN
I grew up a Bruin basketball fan and this is my dream job. UCLA is a special name in college basketball thanks to coach [John] Wooden and I am proud to be the caretaker of his program,Howland said.