- n a gentle affectionate stroking (or something resembling it)
he showered her with caresses
soft music was a fond caress
the caresses of the breeze played over his face
- v touch or stroke lightly in a loving or endearing manner
He caressed her face
- Mouchette, one of the purest Bressons, is the story of a teenage outcast (Nadine Nortier) so abused by everyone in her village that death seems like God's caress, and so maladroit .
- The girl may be induced to lie on the floor, where the actors rub against her and caress her.
- When her hand touches Beowulf's sword, it turns to water, even as his resolve melts away at her caress.
- Nicole Scherzinger in Wired News
Brazil is all about smooth moves, vivacious sounds and beautiful skin,Scherzinger says. "That's why I'm thrilled to be recording such a fun, Brazilian remake of my favorite Duran Duran song for Caress. Just like the new Caress Brazilian...
- Tom Cruise in The Age
To Katie, Tom said: "And do you ken that by the customs of our race you pledge to him, and only him, your kiss and your caress?"
- Ian McEwan in Los Angeles Times
McEwan describes Edward's campaign in strategic terms: "Between Edward and Florence, nothing happened quickly. Important advances, permissions wordlessly granted to extend what he was allowed to see or caress, were attained only gradually:. Sudden...