- n a person who helps in identifying or preventing or treating illness or disability
- n a person who is responsible for attending to the needs of a child or dependent adult
- The idea behind Home Instead's business is relatively simple: place a caregiver usually a female between 55 and 60 in the home of an elderly man or woman to help with basic .
- In countries like Japan, the idea of a stranger as caregiver is new.
- Author Lori Hope, who has been on both sides of the bed as both cancer patient and caregiver, offers her advice on what to say and what not to say.
News & Articles
- Mother, caregiver charged with autistic teen’s murder
The mother and a caregiver of an autistic teen who was found fatally stabbed, are expected in bond court today. According to the Cook County State’s attorney, Dorothy Spourdalakis, 50, and the caregiver, Jolanta Agata Skrodzka, 44, were each charged …
June 12, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Police: Caregiver steals $70 from patient
Police in Monroe County say a caregiver committed a massive theft from her employer. Jeanette Strausser of Saylorsburg was hired to care for an 82-year-old woman in Paradise Township. Investigators say Strausser used the woman's ATM card to withdraw about $70,000 from her account. The alleged thefts took place over the first nine months of last year. Strausser is being held in the Monroe County ...
June 12, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Mother, caregiver charged in autistic boy's slaying
The mother and a caregiver for a 14-year-old 'severely autistic' boy fatally stabbed Sunday in River Grove have been charged with murder authorities said tonight.
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Norm Sherry in San Francisco Chronicle
We were all there that day - my brother, George; nieces and nephews, his son and daughter,Norm Sherry said Monday from his home in San Diego. "He had a caregiver there, and died shortly after his daughter left."
- Ruby Dhalla in Times of India
It is my understanding (that) one caregiver worked for 11 days and another for three months,Dhalla said.
- Ricardo Chavira in Reuters
This is the first initiative that really focuses on the needs of the cancer caregiver,said Chavira. "I am honored to work with The Wellness Community on this important project. Having experienced caregiving without these critical...